[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Chiropractic care is a common part of many professional sports teams’ and athletes’ wellness plans. Michael Jordan, one of the greatest basketball players of all time, once said, “I didn’t know how much I could improve until I started seeing a chiropractor. Since I’ve been in chiropractic, I’ve improved by leaps and bounds both mentally and physically.”
Basketball legends are not the only ones who attribute part of their success to chiropractic care. Another famous great, Tiger Woods, stated, “I’ve been going to chiropractors for as long as I can remember. It’s as important to my training as practicing my swing.”
According to the American Chiropractic Association, every team in the NFL and most of the MLB has a team chiropractor. Athletes have been receiving chiropractic care for years in order to stay healthy and strong.
Why Do Athletes Use Chiropractic?
Professional athletes seek chiropractic treatment for many reasons, the most common are listed below.
- Better Performance – Athletes’ intense training puts their bodies under strain that requires support. Chiropractic care can help to increase performance by reducing joint issues in the spine, back, and joints.
- Improved Range of Motion – While different sports have different demands, movement is something that all sports have in common. Having a limited range of motion can impact an athlete’s performance. Chiropractic care can help improve muscle flexibility and reduce stiffness – both of which contribute to an improved range of motion.
- Prevention – When it comes to injury prevention, athletes should be proactive, and chiropractic can help them in doing just that. Once joint issues are addressed, the body can move as it was meant to. This reduces the risk of injury and helps athletes in maintaining proper form. Chiropractic care can help prevent injuries by restoring joint mobility and aligning the spine.
- Pain Relief – Chiropractic care is popular among athletes since it is natural and drug-free. Chiropractic care can help with pain management by addressing the source of the problem instead of treating the symptoms. Spinal manipulations help to relieve the pain in joints and muscles.
- Faster Recovery Time – Chiropractic adjustments can help the body recover from injuries much faster. During recovery, chiropractic adjustments and soft tissue manipulation help to increase flexibility, elasticity, and strength.
Chiropractic spine check-ups are helpful to anyone who participates in sports. Chiropractic care helps to correct and balance the spine and improve movement and posture. Please contact Atlas Injury to Health to benefit from the wonders of chiropractic care. At our clinic in Winter Garden, Dr. Michael St. Louis specializes in atlas orthogonal chiropractic and upper cervical care. Make an appointment today if you have been experiencing any bodily pain or discomfort. Contact us at 407-656-0390 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]